How should I wash my hands?
Because dirt gets into every nook and cranny, our hand washing tips are the sure fire way to keep hands clean and soft - and they’re easy enough for the kids to learn.
- Wet hands with warm water.
- Use a couple of pumps of Carex hand wash and rub the palms of the hands together.
- Next rub the palm of one hand over the back of the other (so it looks like you have ten fingers and one hand) and then swap hands.
- For your next move put your palms together again and interlace the fingers. Keep rubbing the soap in.
- Now rub the back of your fingers against the palms of the other hand.
- Wrap your right thumb with your left hand and wriggle it around until it feels clean. Swap hands.
- Squeeze your fingers together on your right hand and use them like a scrubbing brush on your left palm. Draw circles with your fingers, one way then the other. Swap hands.
- Rinse hands thoroughly with warm water.
- Dry hands with a clean, dry towel and use the towel to turn off the taps.
- Now your hands are clean it’s time to get them messy again.
Washing your hands properly should take about as long as singing Happy Birthday twice. Or why not try one of our hand washing songs?